I've posted this before, but the doc set was $150 previously. But good news...they're now $50, which I think is a great, great deal!
Several people had questions about the availability of ColdFusion books, and you may not be aware that 1) the ColdFusion MX 7 doc set is absolutely top-notch excellent, and 2) the full set of all CFMX7 books is available for sale at cost at the Adobe online store here.
Again, the whole set is now $50 (basically @ Adobe cost) and you get absolutely everything you'll need to build CFMX7 applications of all shapes and sizes, regardless of your experience history with ColdFusion.
The docs have really undergone a quite revolution over the last 2.5 releases, starting with CFMX 6.0, then a full rework with CFMX 6.1, and another full rewrite with the CFMX 7 doc set. Randy Neilson, Hal Lichton, Anne Sandstrom and the other doc team members have done an AMAZING job with them this time, and you owe it to yourself to have the hardcopies available while you're developing (if you're anything like me, you just can't replace good hardcopy books).
The full set includes:
- Installing and Using ColdFusion MX 7 (72 pages)
- ColdFusion MX 7 CFML Quick Reference (38 pages)
- Getting Started Building ColdFusion MX 7 Applications (152 pages)
- Configuring and Administering ColdFusion MX 7 (170 pages)
- ColdFusion MX 7 CFML Reference - Vol 1 (448 pages)
- ColdFusion MX 7 CFML Reference - Vol 2 (654 pages)
And the best books for learning and practicing (with working examples!) new features, IMO:
- ColdFusion MX 7 Developer’s Guide - Vol 1: (840 pages)
- ColdFusion MX 7 Developer’s Guide - Vol 2: (262 pages)
Enjoy, and please spread the word! These docs are excellent, and really should be everything you need for ColdFusion development using CFMX7.