From the April 23, 2006 SCCA Regional race at New Hampshire International Speedway (Sony HDV camera mounted on the passenger side).
(Original post here about the race.)
Today we released Flex 2 Beta 3 and ColdFusion MX 7 Flex Connectivity Updater - 7.0.2 BETA 3. We sincerely hope you can take some time and put both through their paces.
In this Beta you will find features that allow ColdFusion to provide server-side logic for Flex applications and hot fixes to other ColdFusion functionality. Beta 3 includes the following key components:
- An updated CF Reporting Engine
- CF 7.0.1 Cumulative Hotfix 1, 2 and 3, including MS IE EOLAS fix for UI components, Flash Forms, etc.
- Updates JRE to 1.4.2_09 for Server and JRun Multi-Server configurations
- New "Flex Integration" CF Admin page to turn on/off Flash Remoting and Flex Data Services support
- Support for restricting the IP address of machines that are allowed to connect to the Flex Asynchronous Messaging Gateway and CF Flex Data Services.
- Flash Remoting Update, Flex Asynchronous Messaging Event Gateway, and Flex Data Services Adapter all now support user authentication
- Flash Remoting AS3 Update
- Flex Asynchronous Messaging Event Gateway
- Flex Data Services Adapter
- ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder 2
- Services Browser (remote Web Services and CFCs) Plug-in
- RDS Table CRUD DAO/ActiveRecord & Flex Assembler CFC Generation Wizard
- CF Remote Development Services Plug-in
- Actionscript Value Object to CFC Value Object Wizard
- CFC Value Object to Actionscript Value Object Wizard
- ColdFusion / Flex DB Application Generation Wizard (available to B3 users around May 12)
We're particularly excited about Beta 3, and the productivity features we've added to FlexBuilder 2 for ColdFusion customers.
We're currently putting the final touches on the ColdFusion / Flex 2 DB Application Generation Wizard, and we hope to refresh the CF / FlexBuilder 2 plugins soon to add this exciting functionality that will bring hyper-RAD productivity to ColdFusion customers using FlexBuilder 2, to dramatically jump-start Flex 2 /CF DB application RIA construction.
For now, here's a sneak peek at the ColdFusion / Flex 2 DB Application Generation Wizard and resulting generated Flex 2 / ColdFusion application:
Get more info and download everything from the Labs site: here: http://labs.adobe.com
Welcome to the future of RAD RIA development!
The JRun team has been hard at work on the next major version of the JRun application server, code named "Cheetah", and you're welcome to participate.
Send an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" (JRun's QA Manager) requesting participation in the Cheetah Beta program if you'd like to participate.
I'm told this Beta of JRun "Cheetah" is very stable and reliable, but there are rewards waiting for anyone who can prove otherwise! :)
In addition, I've also heard the JRun team intends to give away fully functional JRun licenses to the most active Beta participants, and they're hosting a JRun "Sample Apps Challenge"...Beta users who develop sample applications exploiting the new JRun Cheetah features will have a chance to not only be rewarded, but also have their apps featured as part of the JRun Cheetah release Samples Applications area of the release.
Sounds like a great deal to me!