Today we released Flex 2 Beta 3 and ColdFusion MX 7 Flex Connectivity Updater - 7.0.2 BETA 3. We sincerely hope you can take some time and put both through their paces.
In this Beta you will find features that allow ColdFusion to provide server-side logic for Flex applications and hot fixes to other ColdFusion functionality. Beta 3 includes the following key components:
- An updated CF Reporting Engine
- CF 7.0.1 Cumulative Hotfix 1, 2 and 3, including MS IE EOLAS fix for UI components, Flash Forms, etc.
- Updates JRE to 1.4.2_09 for Server and JRun Multi-Server configurations
- New "Flex Integration" CF Admin page to turn on/off Flash Remoting and Flex Data Services support
- Support for restricting the IP address of machines that are allowed to connect to the Flex Asynchronous Messaging Gateway and CF Flex Data Services.
- Flash Remoting Update, Flex Asynchronous Messaging Event Gateway, and Flex Data Services Adapter all now support user authentication
- Flash Remoting AS3 Update
- Flex Asynchronous Messaging Event Gateway
- Flex Data Services Adapter
- ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder 2
- Services Browser (remote Web Services and CFCs) Plug-in
- RDS Table CRUD DAO/ActiveRecord & Flex Assembler CFC Generation Wizard
- CF Remote Development Services Plug-in
- Actionscript Value Object to CFC Value Object Wizard
- CFC Value Object to Actionscript Value Object Wizard
- ColdFusion / Flex DB Application Generation Wizard (available to B3 users around May 12)
We're particularly excited about Beta 3, and the productivity features we've added to FlexBuilder 2 for ColdFusion customers.
We're currently putting the final touches on the ColdFusion / Flex 2 DB Application Generation Wizard, and we hope to refresh the CF / FlexBuilder 2 plugins soon to add this exciting functionality that will bring hyper-RAD productivity to ColdFusion customers using FlexBuilder 2, to dramatically jump-start Flex 2 /CF DB application RIA construction.
For now, here's a sneak peek at the ColdFusion / Flex 2 DB Application Generation Wizard and resulting generated Flex 2 / ColdFusion application:
Get more info and download everything from the Labs site: here: http://labs.adobe.com
Welcome to the future of RAD RIA development!
Damon I am using the Application wizard on a project and am having a seious problem.